Monday, September 12, 2011

It's football time!!

Tyler and I are pretty excited about football season this year since we missed the majority of it last Fall. So, we decided to drag the TV out onto the porch and "tailgate" all day! We had some friends over and grilled burgers and enjoyed the weather. Here is our set-up for the day... Please note the dresser....this is one that I am in the process of refinishing (I started on Sunday) and I forgot to take a "before" pic, so this will have to do. But it worked great for holding the tv! And here is one of Tyler's new MS State signs. It is super heavy, so I am kind of scared about it falling out of the wall inside, but I thought this was the PERFECT place for gameday! Too bad all that support didn't help the Bulldogs against Auburn. Little Weez was worn out from all the cheering! With all of the 9/11 coverage, Tyler decided we were not patriotic enough around our house and went out Saturday morning and got a flag. I think it looks pretty good. :) I was such an emotional wreck yesterday. I literally cried every time the channel was changed to something about 9/11. Early in the day, I decided I didn't want to sit around and watch it all day because it just made me too sad. But, last night we watched the documentary of the firefighters from Ladder 1 and it was SO good. I was really glad I did...but it was super sad. And Happy Birthday to my Mother-in-Law! Hope it's the best one yet!

1 comment:

  1. I watched that story too! I was shocked at how clueless I was about so many people's health still being affected by this tragedy! So sad!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete