Thursday, September 16, 2010

So about our travels!

I know that I have SO much to share! The wedding week was AWESOME! We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives that traveled to share our day with us. I don't think we could have asked for better weather and I got the impression that everyone had fun! I know that Tyler and I had a blast!! We stayed up way too late considering how early we were being picked up for the airport the next morning! Monday was a rough day for us. We were excited to get to St. Lucia, tired and sad to be leaving all of our friends and family. We knew once the honeymoon was over we were back to Germany. St. Lucia was beautiful and we really enjoyed relaxing after all the madness!! I have tons of pics, so I will post those soon. We got home really late Sunday night from the honeymoon and had TONS of errands to run on Monday to get ready to leave Tuesday. We still had some last minute things to do to get the dogs ready and a few other things. We were also having dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday because I would be gone on the actual day...which happens to be today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! I love you very much! I am sure that Sammy and Charlie got you everything you wanted. Tuesday when we got to the airport we (I) was really nervous about the dogs...we had not actually put them in their travel crates very much, so I wasn't too sure about how they would react to them. They did pretty good while we were checking in at the counter. We got through security and found a corner tucked away where we could let them out for a little while before we boarded. I wanted to keep them out as much as possible cause I knew the flight would be rough. It was...their poor little crates shook the entire flight with them trying to scratch out of them. I had not medicated them for that flight simply because I didn't want to keep them drugged for too long! So, I decided to give it a shot and see how they did. We got to Minneapolis and someone told us that there was a pet area outside of the airport, so we headed to find that. I think they were excited too! We went back through security so we could feed them and get us something to eat. The TSA guy took the wet food I had brought for the dogs, but they were so hungry they didn't seem to mind. We went BACK outside to let them go to the bathroom again and then BACK through security. That is when I started to get nervous...I was really scared about them being in their crates for 8 hours since it is so cramped. So, I gave them their pills...Sprocket layed right down and seem to be calm. Wembley, not so much. He was scratching and scratching. About 10 minutes after we actually took off, we looked down and noticed that he had chewed the zipper off his crate and it was now broken...would not zip at all. I had him in my lap when the flight attendant came by and told us that he had to go back up....we realized that, but since the zipper was broken, we had no way to contain him!! Another flight attendant came by and we explained the problem to her and she said we were fine to keep him out if we kept him hidden. And didn't tell the other girls she said it was ok. So, we spent the next 7.5 hours hiding Wembley under a blanket. Thank goodness that Suzi gave us that HUGE black blanket that I decided to take on the plane at the last minute...he blended very well with it! Sprocket was a champ!! He did awesome and I felt bad for him the whole time cause he had to stay under the seat. :( Also, many of you know the headache we went through getting all the proper paperwork to bring the dogs to Germany...for the airline and for customs. Turns out, not one. single. person. checked ANY of it!! Nothing! The only thing anyone asked for was proof that we had bought them a ticket. And that wasn't even until Amsterdam! But I would hate to not have in the chance that someone did ask. So, we are back and everything is great!! The pups seem to have adjusted quite well! I will update with pictures and more about the wedding and honeymoon soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment