Tuesday, August 3, 2010

work, work, work

I feel SO busy and I am not even technically employed! But today is probably my last full day in the office. I have got lots of wedding things to focus on! I have accomplished some today though! I touched base with the band and made sure that they are aware of all the special songs we need played. I set up my next appointment for my dress fitting. I contacted the hotels in Destin. Doesn't sound like much, but it is nice to have things finished even if they are little! I wanted to share a little more from our Dubai trip! After I spent my hours and hours in the mall, Tyler and Tom picked me up and we headed back to Tom's house to change and go have dinner. But before that, we made a stop at a hotel right next to the mall. There is a bar on the 64th floor with great views of Dubai. Here are some pictures I took that day! Here is the outside of the building... He took us to an awesome Mexican place. We were so happy to have frozen margaritas! After that we went to Buddha Bar. That was good times...but it did make me realize that standing in loud, crowded, smokey bars isn't much my thing anymore. ;) Here is a pic of the Buddha! The next morning Tyler and I were headed to Ski Dubai. I had told him that was one thing I wanted to do while we were there. I saw it on Amazing Race and I was convinced it would be fun! I just wanted to do the snow park with slides and fun stuff, but Tyler insisted that we ski. He had never skied before and wanted to give it a try. Well, if you aren't an experience skier, you have to take lessons, so we lied. :) I knew it would be interesting!! So we got all geared up and we were ready to hit the slopes (slope). As soon as we walked in, we realized we were in trouble because neither one of us could even figure out how to manuver our skis. I busted as we were trying to get on the lift, but there was an employee there to help me up and throw me in the chair. We get to the first stop on the lift and we couldn't decide if we should get off, so we rode to the top...bad idea. Tyler busted it getting off...too bad there wasn't anyone to help him up. I couldn't because I was laughing so hard at him wiggling around in the fake snow. :) So we make it over to the top of the hill look down and then kind of look at each other like, "What do we do now" So, we head down the hill and both fall within seconds. I think that was it for Tyler...he hung up his skis. He isn't used to anything athletic not coming naturally, so he decided he was done. I went up by myself and tried a few more times. I got better, but still not good. I just get so scared when I pick up any speed, that I make myself fall. I don't know that it was our last ever attempt sking, but we did confirm that we are beach vacation people all the way! Here is a picture of my bruise where I fell on my ski...doesn't really do justice to how ugly it was! And here we are after our adventure looking like we thoroughly enjoyed it! And totally rocked the slopes! I am off to my first evening of Yoga Bootcamp. I am sure I will be feeling the pain tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment