Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our year from A to Z!

I got this cute idea from a Christmas card that we got this year. I thought considering we have had quite an eventful year, this was fitting for us! So, Tyler and I sat down the other night and made a list of our own! I am sure we have gone for hours and hours changing the letters, eventually we just had to quit!

  • Absolutely amazing year, from beginning to end!!
  • Beach-spending the week before our wedding relaxing at the beach with the people that mean the most to us in the world!
  • Czech Republic-And INCREDIBLE weekend in Prague with Reagan and Mikey
  • Daddy-My daddy walking me down the aisle to Tyler on our wedding day.
  • Erlangen, Germany-The town we lived in while we were there. I have to secretly admit I learned to appreciate it.
  • Flights-I haven't sat down and counted the total number of combined flights that we took over the last 6 months, but it was a lot!! Enough to get us both to Salt Lake City in February
  • Georgia-Where we will make our home. :)
  • Hedgehogs!! Such a fun discovery for us while we were in Germany...and the puppies too
  • Italy-Traveling to Lake Como and Milan with my mom!! What an awesome experience, can't wait to visit Italy again!
  • Journey to Germany-I have so enjoyed writing on this blog. I love going back and looking at it even if no one else is reading!
  • Kilt-We met the most fun group of Scottish guys in Prague and spent the entire night hanging out and even learned all about their kilts!! They were in Prague for a soccer game and guys in kilts were EVERYWHERE!
  • Lexus-Our new car! If you know us very well, you know we are obsessed with our car. First major purchase together.
  • Moving-My big adjustment of leaving the city I was born and raised in to move to Atlanta to pick up and go to Germany a short 1.5 months later!
  • New jobs-Tyler started with Kilpatrick Stockton in February and I transferred to Vaco Atlanta in May!
  • Oktoberfest-Having the awesome chance to take the ICE train to Munich and go to the 200th Anniversary of Oktoberfest. And sneak our dogs in.
  • Persian Gulf-Standing with our feet in the incredibly warm water of the Persian Gulf in Dubai
  • Questions???="Sprechen Sie Englisch?" I wish I had a dollar for every time we asked that question. I really wouldn't have to go back to work!
  • Red Bar-I think we successfully kept this and Bud & Alley's in business the week of the wedding. I ate Red Bar for lunch I think 4 out of 7 days
  • St. Lucia-Our honeymoon in paradise!
  • Travel-Boy have we ever this year! Tyler and I have always loved to travel and we got to visit some amazing places this year including Florida, St. Lucia, Germany (MANY cities), Prague, Italy, Vienna, Dubai, and a few more
  • Unemployed-I was lucky enough to be able to take a "leave of absence" from my job (Yes, they are awesome and held my position for me!) to travel to Germany with Tyler, but my days of unemployment are quickly coming to an end. I start back with Vaco January 3rd.
  • Visitors-We were so blessed to have the visitors that we did while we were in Europe! Reagan, Mikey, Mom, Cissy, Susan and Sonja. Now we just need to start scheduling visits to Atlanta!
  • Wedding-Becoming Mr. & Mrs.! What an amazing day, I could probably do a whole A-Z just on that!
  • Xeric-(dry or desert like conditions)-Tyler spent a total of 15 days in Saudi Arabia. He even kissed a camel! Not sure that is a place he ever wants to vacation (we had to get creative here)
  • Yikes!! Just a general description of some of our experiences over the last year! Like...Sprocket falling under the train in Munich and an oil spill threatening to damper our wedding, just to name a couple!
  • Zwiebel-Onion in German. Tyler took a liking to this word and would say it all the time! I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!!! I am off to finished preparing for our company this weekend! It is so fun to have people in our house!! I haven't told the puppies that their cousins Sydney and Marley are coming to visit yet, they get too excited. They are going to have a FUN weekend too!!

1 comment: