Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Change of plans

Not much new around these parts...the temperature is dropping and dropping. Last night was frigid cold. I am sure it was today too, but I hardly left the apartment so I wouldn't really know. :) Last night we met Christoph and his wife again for drinks. It is always fun to hang out with them and learn more about Germany and compare our countries. We learned last night that the university here in town hasn't actually been in school at all since we have been here, they don't start until this week. So, it will be interesting to see if the town is more crowded now. Oh! We also learned why there are always so many kids out in the afternoon around here...they only go to school until 1:00pm! We are going to try and get together with them at least one more time before I head home!! So, we cancelled our trip to Paris today. I have mixed emotions about it because I was thrilled to have the opportunity to visit Paris, but I am also THRILLED to get to go other places. The strikes are getting more and more intense and more people involved....they are cancelling more and more flights and I would hate for us to get there and get stuck. The man Tyler is working with here in Germany actually called him tonight to tell him that we should reconsider traveling to Paris. The police are breaking up riots in the streets with tear gas. That is along with the threats that a terrorist attack was in the near future. We decided that mom is coming to visit to have fun and there are plenty of other beautiful places to visit in Europe! SO....we are headed to Milan!! I am thrilled because I really did want to visit Italy while we were on this journey. I cannot wait to see what this weekend has in store for me and my mom! It will be so much fun! More tomorrow with pictures when I have a better internet connection. I have tried to add more pics of the apartment today, but can't get them to load here at the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment