Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lazy weekend...

It has been a lazy weekend, but very satisfying. It is our last weekend just the two (four) of us here and we are just enjoying the time in Erlangen...no complaints about that! The weather has been AMAZING and yesterday we walked ALL over the city. We went to parts of town that we had never seen before and saw some interesting things! We also discovered that the holiday on Monday is All Saints Day. It is celebrated in multiple countries, just usually in different ways. I believe here in Germany it is mostly celebrated by Catholics. From what I read, the tradition is to light candles on the graves of the deceased on Monday night to honor them. There is a graveyard right down the street from our apartment, so we are going to check it out. We didn't see our friend last night, not without lack of Tyler trying. :) But we did get to watch two episodes of Glee!! I have to say the Britney/Brittany episode was hilarious. I actually just laughed out loud after I wrote that thinking about it. :) Oh, and we made stir fry last night and Tyler ate the peppers...and liked them!! We are up to three veggies that he likes and I am thrilled...that is progress people! We will be eating a lot of edamame when we return to Atlanta I have a feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment