Monday, October 11, 2010

Teaser!

Here is a little teaser of Reagan and Mikey's visit so far!! Their flight was delayed just a little bit in Frankfurt, so I spent all morning out on the porch watching for their taxi cab! I did know they were delayed because Tyler looked it up on the computer and let me know. But, I was so anxious for them to get there, I couldn't stop watching out the window! Plus, I knew they wouldn't really know where to go once the cab dropped them off, it can be a little confusing. After they arrived, we walked to Tyler's office to meet him for lunch at a Beirgarden. They were able to experience the walk I take most days to the coffee shop. We look hot, right?? Reagan has an excuse...she was traveling for HOURS! I don't really know what is going on with me. :) Kitzmann is the beer that is brewed locally here in Nuremberg. So, of course there are ads and umbrellas EVERYWHERE. We had to sit inside because it was a little chilly out, so that was kind of a bummer. Mikey is excited about his German sausages!! After lunch, we took the pups home to rest and I took Reagan and Mikey to show them around Erlangen a little bit. We found the site where they do the beer festivel here in Erlangen which is supposed to be another one of the larger festivals in Germany, along with Oktoberfest. Obviously not nearly as big, but still a lot of people. It is amazing to see all of the tables and how many people they cram in to these spaces! A painting on the side of a building right outside the grounds. After we wandered around for a while, it was time to head back to the apartment to meet Tyler for dinner! On the bus...yes, the dogs go almost everywhere with us. Wait til the pics from Prague. Apparently the bartender realized that we were having a good time and sent this over...I think we all threw up in our mouth a little after we took it because it was so gross. We asked the waitress what it was and she said martini, but we weren't convinced. So, we tried to pour what we left in each shot out evenly in our empty drinks to look like we drank it. :) Mikey's niece calls Tio Mikey instead of Uncle, so we had to take his picture in front of this sign. Tio is the name of the restaurant where we ate dinner and there is construction going on around it, so it can be a little confusing on which direction to head, so there are signs. Wembley is scared to walk over the little metal bridges that they have laid down...so I have to pick him up and carry him. :) After dinner we headed home to celebrate Reagan's birthday since I wasn't able to be there on the actual day!! And of course, watch the Glee DVD that she brought us! Tyler is excited for cake too!! Even little Wems had a drink to celebrate!! So, that is our first day....get excited about what is yet to come!! We had SO much fun in Prague. I have decided that I want all my visitors to do a "guest post" on the blog either while they are here or after they leave and share their opinion of Erlangen, and our life here in general! I think it will be interesting for everyone (and me) to see it from another point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment