Thursday, November 11, 2010

12 Days, but who is counting...???

We leave Germany in 12 days and it still doesn't seem real to me! I know it doesn't seem like we have been here for THAT long, but to me it does. I just keep thinking things like "I will get to drive my car!!" and "I can go to the grocery and buy more than what I can carry" things like that. We have been so lucky to have this experience and I am in disbelief that it is coming to an end. It was very hard for me at first not having anyone to talk to during the day. But, ever since we got back after the wedding I have really enjoyed our time here! I know that when we both eventually return to our routines in Atlanta, we will really miss the simplicity of our lives here. Of course as soon as we return we have TONS of things to do including doctors appointments, getting GA tags for our Jeep, re-connecting our cable, etc. etc. etc. We still don't know for sure that Tyler will be able to return to the US for good with me when we come for Thanksgiving, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. I am returning to work at Vaco in January and I am actually excited to get back to work!! I already have 2 suitcases packed! We have a total of 8 to bring back and we already sent one home with Reagan and Mikey when they visited us! I really wish we had a camera crew to follow us with all those suitcases, 2 dogs and our carry-ons! Reagan, make sure the back of your car is empty when you pick us up at the airport....oh yea, think you can pick us up at the airport?? I have given up on my mom doing a guest post, so maybe this weekend I can just post some pictures of her visit! Cissy leaves on Saturday, Tyler and I are going to take her to the airport. I will be sad to see her go, it is always fun to have someone to hang out with me during the day! And we had quite an experience in Heidelberg...more on that later. But I won't have too much time to pout, because Susan and Sonja will be here the very next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment