Monday, November 8, 2010

So far behind!!

I feel like I have SO much to share! I still want to share the rest of our Prague trip, mine and mom's trip to Italy and now our trip to Munich this past weekend!! So, I am seriously going to try and get on with that today!! First I will fill you in on the rest of the time that Reagan and Mikey were here. Which, by the way, seems like a life time ago to me now!! One of the things that I really loved about Prague is that it is considered one of the friendliest dog cities in the world! So, we could take the pups with us when we went out around the city. Of course, most dogs there in Prague were much better behaved than our dogs and we even saw lots walking around unleashed. That would NEVER happen with Sprocket and Wems. We got up Saturday morning and headed out...we were on our way to Petrin Park which is high up on a mountain with great views of the city. There is a tram that takes you to the top of the hill, but there was a really long line, so we decided to see how tough we were and hike it....let's just say we stopped at the half way point and got on the tram the rest of the way. :) Here are some pictures from our adventure up the mountain. (yes, Mikey...I consider that a mountain!!) We found a cute little restaurant at the top of the hill and decided to take a break and stop for lunch and plan out the rest of our route for the afternoon. Sprocket loved taking a break and laying in the sun! The restaurant Tyler and Reagan trying to decide which direction to go next! ***I am having major formatting problems and this is taking me forever! The rest of this post will probably just be writing with all of the pictures at the end. I don't have the patience to format today*** After we had lunch we headed to see the Prague castle. Reagan had read a review that sent you another way into the castle that was a little lest touristy...either we didn't follow the instructions properly or it was just a really long route. We ended up walking along all these wooden paths up and down hills that the puppies had to be carried along because their feet would fall through the cracks! Then when we did find a proper entrance to the castle, we were walking against all the other people, up a hill. Let's just say we were all happy to get to the top! It was pretty neat once we got up there and we took some time to take some more pictures! The rest of our day we explored the city some more and found a restaurant that we had seen online was good. We ate dinner kind of early and we weren't ready to go to bed, so we decided to check out an Irish pub that we had seen lots of signs for. When we walked up to the door, there were some guys standing outside and I think they thought Reagan and I were alone and they were shocked that we were going in that pub alone!! That made us a little scared. :) But it turned out to be SUCH a fun night! We sat next to a group of Scottish guys who were in town for a soccer game. It was so fun to compare our countries and we really enjoyed hanging out with them! Sunday we woke up and headed back to Charles bridge to take a boat tour of Prague. It was so interesting to learn a little history about the city! Here are some more fun pictures from our trip to Prague. It was such a fun trip!! Can't wait to get back to Nashville to spend some more time with Reagan and Mikey!! I have already booked up their first 3 nights we are in town! Stay tuned for more on my visit with my mom! This post took me SO long so I am not sure when I will have time to sit down a write another one!! Cissy and I are headed to Heidelberg tomorrow!! One short story I will share with you from our weekend... Our train leaving Munich yesterday night was going to be very crowded and we were worried about not getting a seat. So, Tyler and Cissy went to get on the train first and I hung back with the dogs since I can't move as fast with them. I waited for everyone to get on the train and then went to get on myself. It is hard for me to walk up the stairs carrying both of them, so I decided to try a new method. I set Sprocket up on the train and turned to get Wembley. Well, I guess Sprocket thought I was going to leave him, so he JUMPED!!!! He didn't land on his feet when he hit the platform and FELL BETWEEN THE PLATFORM AND THE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness I still had the other end of his leash in my hand! He was dangling from his leash and I jerked him up really quick. It was a very scarey moment for me, I thought I had lost one of my babes. Wembley was knocked around a little in the process too, but I think I blocked most of the traamatic experience out. I do know that I will never get the image of Sprocket dangling from his leash out of my mind. Once I finally made it onto the train I was shaking and almost in tears, but both dogs seemed to be fine. So, that was very hard for me!! Tomorrow marks 2 weeks til we are home!!!! I told my mom today in an email I think it is really good that I have guests until we leave or else I would go crazy with excitment!! I also told Tyler that as ready as I am to come home, I think we will really miss the simplicity of life here. Our little coffee shop, taking the pups to dinner with us, etc. We found a vet to get the puppies physical to fly home. She is super nice and speaks English. We are almost all set to leave!! Now we just have to pack all 7 suitcases!! I know I am a dork, but I already have one packed. :) It is going to be like a puzzle to get everything home. I don't know if I will be on again before Wednesday, so I want to wish my FAVORITE cousin HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am oh so happy that you are in Nashville now and I can't WAIT to see you in a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment