Friday, July 9, 2010

I got lost today...

Not really lost, but definitely took a wrong turn and wound all back in these streets and then couldn't get out. So I just turned around and went the same way I came. It is so hot here today!!! I HATE carrying a back pack too when it is so hot, but I want my laptop with me! That is how I communicate!! I am feeling a little more comfortable walking around, but still feel like I don't fit in. (Not sure that I ever will) As I was walking along today, a little dog came up and started walking with me. I realized his owners were just a few steps behind me. I have heard that it is really strict over here with dogs being on leashes, but he definitely wasn't and ran right out in front of a car. Scared the crap out of me!! His owner jumped in front of the car and started yelling stop, it was a really close call. I wonder if they will leash him from now on! I slept until 1:30pm today. I think all the traveling finally caught up with me and I was dead! I was supposed to meet Tyler for lunch and never showed up, so of course he freaked and came straight home. He buzzed the apartment from downstairs and when I picked it up, I said "where are you??" ha, obviously he was downstairs!! I was so out of it and it took me a while to wake up. I added some pictures below...they are pretty random, but just some things that I came across as I was walking around today. I have a lot more, but I will add those later. I did find 2 Mexican restaurants which REALLY excites me. I think we are going to try one out for dinner tonight. I also bought a change purse, I cannot deal with all this change!! And I desperately need a watch, that is next on my agenda. I feel like I have so many other things to share, but I can't think of any right now...Paprika Pringles aren't so bad!! Taste kind of like BBQ chips. :) I think we are going to take the train to Nuremberg tomorrow and explore around there. Tyler got his passport back, so we can leave the country, but I think we will just take baby steps on venturing out. His friend Richard that he works with said that there are travel agents at the train station that all speak English and are very helpful with getting you places. Now I just have to find the train station! Enjoy the pictures, I will add more soon!! This is just a shot of the street. :) There are lots of shops and cafes in this area. It looks so different in the evening when everything is closed. I laugh because they put all these clothes out on the side walk with security tags. I feel like that is defeating the purpose if they are already outside of the store...I am sure there is a point. They set up these flower shops everyday and take them completely down at night. Pretty cool. The dogs can eat good once they get here!! Here is an example...this is outside the mall area. There aren't parking lots, but bikes all over the place. And I couldn't even get half of them in my picture! This is where I catch the bus everyday. See the line in the sidewalk? The red side is for bikers and the grey side is for walkers. You learn quickly to watch out for bikers. I don't know that I can stress enough how many people ride bikes!! I took this picture from our balcony looking down our street. This is our neighbors balcony...

No comments:

Post a Comment