Monday, July 26, 2010

Where did I leave off??

After we spent about um...5 minutes on the beach, we went in to get ready to go. Tyler was headed into the office with Tom and on the way, they were dropping me off at the Dubai Mall. (the largest mall in the world) Tom got held up at the house, so he put us in a cab to meet Drew for lunch. ***cabs are ridiculously cheap in Dubai*** We met Drew at the DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) for lunch. Our cab driver tried to short us on change and Tyler was not going to let the happen! He kept acting like he didn't understand what Tyler was saying. So, Tyler took the money and went up and down the sidewalk until he got change! He probably would have let it drop, but this was the same cab driver that had dropped off Tom's Office Manager at the house and shorted her on change too. Here are some pictures that I took outside of there... Sheikh Mohammed on the side of a building outside of the DIFC. It was so great to have a good lunch!! We learned more about how things in Dubai run from Drew. He and his wife have been over there for about 2.5 years now and they love it! On their way back to the office, Tyler and Drew dropped me off at The Dubai Mall. OMG that place is amazing!! Of course Drew decides to drop me off at the "Fashion Avenue" door...I walk in and I am standing in a circle of stores...Armani, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, Gucci and MANY more and I am realizing this is going to be a short mall trip!! But there was so much more to the mall! I can't even beging to guess how many stores are in that mall. They have the mall divided into sections though...jewerly, kids clothes, electronics, etc. There were also stores that sell the black robes that the Muslim women wear. I thought that was so interesting that there were those stores in the mall. Here are some pics from the mall... Ice skating rink in the mall... The Gold Souk inside the Dubai Mall. It is meant to look like an old Souk. We weren't able to make it to the real one. We slept too late on Saturday after our night out on Friday. More on that later... The waterfall inside the mall. Picture of the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. It is kind of dark, I couldn't figure out the settings on my camera. Read more about the aquarium here...http://www.thedubaiaquarium.com/ Candylicious! The largest candy store in the world. I read about it on the plane on my way there and wanted to find it. I had to take these 2 pictures from the hallway in the mall because they don't allow pics inside. I have always thought it was strange that people would travel alone. But now that I have spent time exploring different things alone, I can see where it is nice! It is amazing how much more observant you are when you are by yourself. You really do take in more! Plus, you get to do and see whatever you want!! I still have so much more to share from this trip! Dubai is such a unique place. So many different cultures! I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience it. I am definitely interested in learning more about the Muslim religion and way of life. Those girls have some GREAT purses!! It is about the only way they have to show their style and they go all out for sure! More later...or tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment