Thursday, July 29, 2010

I made it!!

What a trip!! I honestly don't know that I have ever been so tired in my life! Tyler and got up around 3:30am in Germany, our cab was coming at 4:15am...my flight left Nuremberg at 6:50am. Nuremberg flight was good...leave Tyler was REALLY hard. You would like we would be used to saying good bye after 3.5 years long distance, but I think we have gotten so used to all our time together. I had just enough time in Amsterdam that I didn't have to rush and I could grab some breakfast. I got to my gate and asked about an upgrade and was told the flight was completely full. I knew then it was going to be rough!! In Amsterdam on International flights, you go through security at the gate, so it takes forever! So, we were an hour late taking off. I knew then I was going to miss my connector in Detroit because I was already cutting it pretty close. So, I missed it. The flight was at 2:45pm and at 2:30 I was still on the plane trying to get off. I still had to clear immigration, get my bags, go through customs and re-check my bags. Never going to happen in 15 minutes. So, I went to the desk to get re-booked on the next flight to Nashville. There was another one at 5:15 and I was put on stand-by for that. I was ok with it because it was only going to put me home about 2.5 hours later that I was planning on getting there....well, that flight got delayed 30 minutes, then an hour and a half and then finally cancelled. There were some bad storms in Detroit and surrounding areas yesterday that were causing incoming flights to be late and there were no planes to send everyone out on! There were some pretty unhappy people when that flight was cancelled!! I was too freaking tired to get mad (plus there was nothing the airline people could do) and just wanted to get home! The next flight was until 9:50pm...4 hours later!!! So I waited. It went by much faster than I thought. I finally had some good coffee that gave me the kick I needed to make it. I got to Nashville after 26 hours of travel and hardly any sleep, maybe a few minutes here and there (I can't sleep on planes) and guess what...NO BAGS! Who would have thought! Everyone that was on the cancelled flight didn't get their bags. Again too tired to get mad, just bring me my stuff tomorrow! They had to call security on one lady because she was so pissed. She wanted them to give her a free round-trip ticket because she had been through so much. I did hear her say in Detroit that she had been trying to get to Nashville from Detroit for 24 hours. So, I am sure she was over it...but still. Of course, Tyler made it to Saudi with no problems, on business class with plenty of drinks. He got there, went to bed and got up for work before I ever made it home! And he left Germany 3 hours after me. But I am here! Still without clothes or make-up or deodorant etc, you know the little things. But I did have some pretty sweet little pups that were excited to see me! Now I am catching up on emails, trying to get wedding things in order and watching some shows my mom recorded! Going to see my Vaco friends at the Sounds game tonight! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment