Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Made it to Germany!!

I seriously cannot believe I am here. SO tired! I left Nashville about 8:00pm Monday night and arrived in Nuremberg about 6:00pm their time, a day later. I have never taken an overnight flight and tried to sleep on a plane. I was lucky enough to be in a window seat with no one next to me. So, I attempted to curl up in a ball and sleep. Each time the flight attendants would come down the aisle with the cart, they would have to wake me up or else they would hit my head. Apparently I got more sleep than I thought because the flight seemed extremley short to me. Although we did arrive in Amsterdam about an hour and 15 minutes early. The Amsterdam airport is HUGE! I had a 2.5 hour layover and it took me a while to find my new gate. I was SO worried about being on the wrong flight. I was definitely an outcast in that airport. Lots of Holland futbol fans...there were people blowing those stupid horns all over the airport. Once I got to Nuremberg, I walked straight to baggage claim. Customs is totally different than if you are coming back from say...Mexico. :) I actually got here and into the cab with Tyler before I realized that I had actually been through customs. I told him "I never went through customs" It was so easy!! Once I got here, we went straight to the apartment...I love it! I was really worried about the towels...is that weird? But they are great and soft and normal. (Not that I have actually showered yet!) We left almost immediately to go find something to eat because I was starving. (When I got to Amsterdam I thought it was 7:30am, but it was actually about 2:30pm) We took the bus to the city center and then walked around a little before deciding on a Thai restaurant. It was delicious! Very excited that the first meal I found I enjoyed! And if you stand and look at the menu confused for long enough, the restaurant staff will offer you an English menu, which is nice. Tyler got me a wireless card today, which really just makes me smile because I can go anywhere in the city and get internet. He also bought me a bus pass...he is the best. :) AND a rindstone key chain for my apartment key. What a lucky girl I am!! Now we are at an outside bar, watching the futbol game (Uruguay and Netherlands) Apparently if Uruguay wins then Germany has a pretty good chance of winning the world cup. That is our big adventure tomorrow is to watch the soccer game! I will be sure to post pictures of that. I will post some pictures of my walk around town shortly! ***Please excuse any spelling errors, I just tried to spell check and it highlighted everything!! It is checking for German words. I don't have the energy to go back and check it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment