Friday, July 16, 2010

Words we have learned!!

I wanted to share with you guys the little bit of German that Tyler and I have learned!! And I mean it is very little. I wish we would learn more, but so many people around here adapt to us and speak English... Danke schon- Thank you Bitte schon-You're welcome (which I just said to our waiter when I meant to say thank you) Kaffe-coffee (easy one, right??) Chardonnay-Chardonnay Weiswein-White Wine Hallo-Hello Bye-Tschus!(chewss!) Guten Morgen-good morning (which I only hear on Saturday's because that is the only time I am out of the house early enough!) I really do hope to pick up more...we have learned more on menus just because that is about the only way we can have dinner!! I think that is why we eat at so many Italian restaurants (that and because there are so freaking many around here!!) But the words are so similiar we can get by if they don't have an English menu. We did find an awesome steak house tonight that had an English menu, so we were pumped!! My dinner was a steak, fries and a salad. Have I mentioned my lack of vegetables since I have been here??? I have never seen people eat so many carbs in my life!! Nothing comes with veggies on the menu. JT wouldn't last 2 days here!! Except the fact that weiswein is so dang cheap!! (No Kendall Jackson my love!)

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Susie is reading & enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is great and makes me not miss you guys as much. I can't wait to read it everyday. When you post something, I get calls asking if I have seen it yet.The day you felt you had the sore throat everyone was worried that you were sicker,since you didn't post the next day! So we all are reading and LOVING it. Have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete