Monday, July 12, 2010

Not much new

Not a whole lot new today... Tyler emailed me that he forgot is adapter for his computer today, so I headed out this morning to try and make the bus change and get to his office. I was very successful and it was much easier than I thought. Of course when I got there, I had forgotten on of the pieces he needed. So, I headed back home and back to his office. All of this took me about 2 hours. On the second trip I decided to walk because I could walk in the shade and there was a slight breeze. Better than the buses with no air. After that I did some more grocery shopping and reminded myself of why everyone around here purchases so little at the store...because you have to carry it back!! I almost died trying to get back to the apartment. I started counting my steps to keep my mind off how hot I was. Once I got back here, I cleaned up a little around the apartment because the landlord was stopping by tonight to try and hook up our smartcard to get TV in English. The change in TV cannot come soon enough! I have learned a lot on CNN over the last week, but there is only so many times you can watch the Spain soccer team get off the plane, hear about 6 months since the earth quake in Haiti and hear about the temps in Europe. They brought along their English speaking son too who was able to help us out on a lot of things around the house. Including the washing machine and sorting our trash. Apparently if you don't sort your trash properly, the city will leave you a ticket. He also left us his phone number and said call him anytime with questions. :) AND he said that most of his co-workers are American...How is it that we feel like we have seen none! Cooked dinner at the house tonight in an effort to not eat out all the time. Turned out pretty good...very basic! Noodles with sauce and cheese. Got to skype with the fam yesterday and see my pup pups. I miss them so much!! One funny thing that happened to me today...as I was getting on the bus this morning, this little old lady starts talking to me. I am pretty sure she was talking about how hot it is and I didn't get the impression she was saying anything that required an answer, so I just kind of went with it and let her think I understood what she was saying. I got a little kick out of that. It is raining pretty bad here right now which is very welcomed as far as we are concerned! We also learned that if we turn back in our plastic bottles at the store, we can get money back. Good thing we have been saving them all! We are going to watch a movie before bed, so I need to get off the computer! (Our DVD's don't play in the European player) I am going in to town tomorrow and I will add some more pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment