Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday's are different!

Sunday's are so different than every other day! All shops are closed down...everything. So you better make sure that you got anything you need on Saturday. We took the train back to Nuremberg today to see if we could find the courthouse where the Nuremberg trials were held. I had read somewhere that you could only do the tours on Saturday's and Sunday's because it is still a full functioning courthouse. We walked all over and when we finally found it, there was no where to do tours that we could find. I am sure that we should have purchased tickets somewhere else, who knows. I did take a few pictures though and those are pretty cool! I will post those soon. After that we walked back to the "old town" where all the restaurants are, sat and had a glass of wine and headed back to Erlangen. About 2.5 hours later, we got back to the train station in Erlangan. One major problem with not speaking the language is when there are delays, changes, etc...you don't know about it!! We would sit and watch people move to other platforms, but had no idea what was going on. We finally got on the correct train and sat for about 25 minutes before ever moving, with no air. We were about to die, at least I was. :) And the teenage girl who got on the train with a rat on her shoulder, really put me over the edge. When we got back to Erlangen, we walked around a little trying to find the public pool...no luck there, but I think we are close! One lady pointed in the direction in German, but we realized we didn't have much more time to get back to internet before our skype date with my family. I am going to venture out tomorrow while Tyler is at work and see if I can find it. We are also getting 15 English channels tomorrow! woo hoo! We are picking up on more and more German. We have decided to just take the German Dictionary with us everywhere and just figure it out. No matter how long it takes. Tyler got all of the clothes washed yesterday, but not dried. We attempted the dryer twice, but both times the towels ended up hot and wet. That is another thing I am going to work on tomorrow. See...I won't get bored, I already have a full day planned. Throwing in a trip to the grocery because we decided we are going to cook at home and my day is full! Looks like rain, so maybe it will cool down a little. I cannot believe that I have been here almost a week! So far, this has been such a challenging, yet awesome experience!! I really don't know if I could do this alone like Tyler did for a week. As soon as I get confused, I look to him to fix it for me! I also don't know what it would be like to never have much of a conversation with anyone else. We saw some Americans get off the train in Erlangen when we did and I heard them talking about what bar they were going to tonight and I told Tyler we should show up and make friends!! It is definitely different to live where you walk to everything! We are so tired all the time until we adjust. I told him today there is no way we haven't dropped a few pounds considering how much we are walking and how much we are sweating!! We seriously sweat all day. I will post some more pictures, they are interesting...I think they are. :) ***side-note*** I feel like I sound like I am complaining a lot...I don't want to come across like that because I really am loving this!! I mean, who gets these kind of opportunities! It is just SOOOO hot!!! And no where to go and cool off. It is just a major adjustment. I am going to try and talk Tyler in to blogging tomorrow and maybe talk a little about work and give his opinion on being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment