Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nuremberg

We have had such a fun day exploring Nuremberg! It is really so hot here. Have I said that a few times? I am used to heat living in the South, but there is no where to cool off here because of no air!! I have decided I wasted my time bringing a hair straightner because my hair goes in a ponytail as soon as I leave the house! I took a TON of pictures today. I want to learn what most of them are before I post them. We walked all around a castle and had lunch at the neatest restaurant looking over the market. We also found some souvenier shops, which we don't have at all in Erlangen since it isn't a tourist town. We have also come across A LOT of people speaking English (American tourist) which has been so refreshing to hear!! We learned that you actually have to pay to use public restrooms...50 Euros. That was interesting. I made Tyler go into a grocery store with me and help me look up things I think we will eat. I need his help deciding what we can actually eat! As I type this, we are watching a guy with one arm and no legs make his way down the street. We actually had the dicussion of how he gets around before he started moving....guess he let us know that he can. We have also been sitting at the same cafe for about 20 minutes and have heard a homeless guy play the same song 3 times. Tyler googled the words so he can sing along....and he is. We also saw a German bachelorette party!!! They had tank tops that said "Bridesmaid" and all. At least we assume that is what they say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment